Movie News: Man of Steel early screenings get positive reaction
In less than four months, the Zack Snyder-directed and Christopher Nolan-produced Man of Steel will be unleashed in theaters. And early reaction indicates this may be the Superman movie we’ve all been dreaming of.
In a recent report by JoBlo.com, a source close to the site (“whom we know and trust 100%”) saw the movie at early screenings happening at Warner Bros. and had some extremely positive things to say about it. Here are the bullet points of the screenings:
- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder action/effects.
- It’s the best movie of the year.
- There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
- The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.
- They have intentionally left out most of the Super action in trailers to save it.
- It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place.
If all of this is true, or even some of it, count me super (pun intended!) excited to see Man of Steel. I love the combination of Snyder and Nolan, and while I actually did enjoy Superman Returns unlike most people, I understand that it wasn’t exactly a great Superman movie. I think Man of Steel could be that great Superman movie, but we’ll have to wait until June to find out.