This week on the InSession Film Podcast, we discussed the final installment of The Hunger Games franchise in Mockingjay Part 2, which is of course one of the best franchise in the YA movie genre. The young adult genre isn’t something that always speaks to us, but it still has it’s fair share of great films and great scenes within those films. The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and even The Princess Bride make the genre more respectable than the stereotypes you normally hear about YA films, and we had fun discussing our favorite scenes from within the genre.
That being said, what Top 3 YA movie scenes would make your list? Here are the one’s that made ours:
*Keep in mind we have different criteria for our lists as well
1) Three Finger Salute – The Hunger Games / Catching Fire
2) Greg’s Final Film – Me & Earl & The Dying Girl
3) Harry & Hermione Dance – The Deathly Hallows Part 1
1) A Trip to the Moon – Hugo
2) The Battle of Wits to the Death – The Princess Bride
3) The Resurrection Stone – The Deathly Hallows Part 2
1) The Reaping – The Hunger Games
2) Brom Dies – Eragon
3) The Statue Fight Sequence – The Deathly Hallows Part 2
Honorable Mentions (Combined)
Scenes from these films: Harry Potter, Mockingjay, The Spectacular Now, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Fault in our Stars, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Enders Game
Hopefully you guys enjoyed our lists and if you agree or disagree with us, let us know in the comment section below. Despite how we feel about this genre overall, we do quite like the films and scenes we discussed. But perhaps you love this genre more than us and have a bigger variety of scenes. That being said, what would be your Top 3? Leave a comment in the comment section or email us at [email protected].
For the entire podcast, click here or listen below.
For more lists done by the InSession Film crew and other guests, be sure see our Top 3 Movie Lists page.