This week on the InSession Film Podcast, we discussed the incredible (depending on who you ask) Lone Survivor, starring Mark Wahlberg and directed by Peter Berg. Either way you look at it, there are some pretty amazing scenes of bravery and sacrifice that the U.S. men and women of the military do all the time. Many films over the years have gone on to showcase this as well, leaving us with some pretty heavy homework with this week’s Top 3, as we looked into our Top 3 U.S. War Movie Scenes. This was a difficult one but I think we came up with some pretty great stuff.
What war movie scenes involving the U.S. Military would make your list? Here are the one’s that made our list:
1) Ending scene with an older Private Ryan – Saving Private Ryan
2) The ending scene with Willem Dafoe – Platoon
3) The dogfighting action sequences – Pearl Harbor
1) Ending scene where Captain Phillips goes into shock – Captain Phillips
2) Running silent through the ship – Down Periscope
3) Action sequences – The Patriot
1) The U.S. President calling the Russian President – How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
2) Cat and mouse game between the two submarine captains – The Enemy Below
3) German kills U.S soldier with knife – Saving Private Ryan
Honorable Mentions (Combined)
Big battle scene in Saving Private Ryan, The court room walk in Men of Honor, dogfights in Red Tails, invasion of compound in Zero Dark Thirty, Opening scene in Patton, Axe dies with full heart in Lone Survivor, anything in first act of Full Metal Jacket, Ending to Schindler’s List, facing off in Crimson Tide
Hopefully you guys enjoyed our lists and if you agree or disagree with us, let us know. There are plenty of other amazing war films and scenes from those movies that we didn’t mention. Leave a comment in the comment section or email us at email@example.com.
For the entire podcast, click here.
For more lists done by the InSession Film crew and other guests, be sure see our Top 3 Movie Lists page.