List: Top 3 Acts of Heroism
This week on Episode 224 of the InSession Film Podcast, we discussed the very good Wonder Woman, starring Gal Gadot. Using that film as inspiration, we talked about our favorite acts of heroism in film. This particular list is pretty broad, with a lot to choose from, which made our criteria this week very interesting. We were forced to get creative in defining what acts of heroism we were looking for, whether it be epic in scale or intimate at heart, but either there’s a lot to sift through when defining heroism.
On that note, what movies and acts would make your list? Here are the one’s that made ours:
*Keep in mind we have different criteria for each of our lists*
1) Ripley saving Newt – Aliens
2) Katniss volunteers as tribute – The Hunger Games
3) Stella makes sacrifice for daughter – Stella Dallas
1) Tramp’s act of kindness to blind girl – City Lights
2) Father Karras’ sacrifice – The Exorcist
3) Atticus / court room scene – To Kill a Mockingbird
1) Motorcyclist attempts to save his wife – The Cyclist
2) Bing Bong sacrifices himself – Inside Out
3) Spider-Man / train sequence – Spider-Man 2
Honorable Mentions (Combined)
Other acts of heroism from United 93, The Poseidon Adventure, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Juno, Mulan, Mad Max: Fury Road, Erin Brockovich, Harry Potter, Kill Bill, Marry Poppins, Fargo, Seven Samaurai, Forrest Gump, Children of Men, The Iron Giant
Hopefully you guys enjoyed our lists and if you agree or disagree with us, let us know in the comment section below. As mentioned above, this topic is very broad and mostly depends on how you want to define heroism. That being said, what would be your Top 3? Leave a comment in the comment section or email us at email@example.com.
For the entire podcast, click here or listen below.
For more lists done by the InSession Film crew and other guests, be sure see our Top 3 Movie Lists page.